Where to stay in Krabi: Best Hotels, Areas & Beaches
The Krabi Province is one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in Thailand. Here you will find breath-taking limestone rock landscapes, an insanely beautiful island world and some of the best beaches in the country. In this area, there is a wide choice of accommodations and hotels, ideal for a memorable and relaxing holiday in Krabi. No matter if you go there for honeymoon, family holiday or as a backpacker – for sure you will find your perfect hotel here. But where exactly is it best to stay in Krabi? And where can I find the best areas and the most amazing hotels on the beach?
In this blog post we have put together the most beautiful spots to spend your holidays in Krabi. We also give you useful tips and recommendations on where to find the best hotels and bungalows right on the beach.
The small town of Krabi Town is actually not situated at the sea, but directly located on the Krabi River which flows into the sea. Although it is not a typical holiday destination, Krabi Town is the perfect starting point for Island Hopping Tours. If you are looking for authentic Thailand feeling, you will definitely find it here. No Over-tourism, but traditional night markets and a lot of local flair awaiting you. Also backpacker will find some budget places to stay here! Krabi Town offers no luxury accommodations, but only lovely small hotels and hostels to stay.
Here are our accommodation choices for Krabi Town:
- Highly recommended Hotel: The Family Tree Hotel – great location, super chic and stylish hotel in the middle of Krabi Town.
- Cheap alternative: NOMAD Hostel Krabi – a very good and cheap hostel in Krabi.
Ao Nang beach
Ao Nang is the most popular tourist destination in Krabi province and therefore it is noticeably livelier. As a former fishing village, you will find countless restaurants, bars and numerous accommodations in every price range. On the long sandy Ao Nang Beach numerous longtail boats wait for guests and bring them to the neighboring dream islands such as Hong Island, Chicken Island or the dream beach Railay Beach. But this beach is not just a great starting point for excursions, but also the perfect location to enjoy nightlife.
Recommended accommodations at Ao Nang Beach:
- Staying Noble: Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi – a truly beautiful hotel in Krabi. Located on the private Pai Plong Bay just off Ao Nang Beach, this luxury hotel boasts 2 great outdoor pools and direct beachfront location! A perfect place to stay in Krabi for couples and honeymoon.
- Top hotel: The Holiday Inn Krabi Resort Ao Nang Beach – This chic hotel is located on the white sand beach of Ao Nang, just off the beaten track.
- Backpacker Alternative: The TAN Hostel x Cafe is one of the best hostels of Ao Nang. Great ambience, comfortable beds and delicious breakfast.
Klong Muang beach
The Klong Muang Beach is one of the quietest places to stay in Krabi. Along the main street there are only a few restaurants and shops, but no exciting nightlife. Directly on the beautiful long sandy beach you will find some small colorfully decorated beach bars. If you are looking for a quiet holiday in Krabi, you will surely find your little paradise here. The Klong Muang Beach is very shallow sloping, and since swimming at low tide is only suitable in a few places, you should book an accommodation with pool. Klong Muang has a small but fine selection of nice hotels and bungalows on the beach.
Here is our accommodation recommendation for Klong Muang:
- Luxury Hotel: The Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort is a fantastic 5 star hotel right on Klong Muang beach. This absolute luxury resort impresses with location, service, breakfast, pools and the great beach location.
- Mid-Range Hotel: Krabilife Resort is a small family run hotel with only a few rooms. Very popular, so reserve early enough.
- Cheap Accommodation: The Reset Hostel offers backpackers very clean rooms, nice location and unbelievably good value for money.
Railay Beach is a small peninsula in Krabi, which is, due to the gorgeous rock stock formations, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand. Here you will find the absolute dream beaches of Krabi! Separated by a deep jungle from the mainland, vacationers enjoy a certain seclusion and yet can enjoy great trips inside Krabi’s island world. If you want to spend your holidays on Railay, you should book your hotel or bungalow early enough. The peninsula is one of the most popular holiday destinations and so in the main season the best hotels are quickly fully booked.
Here are the best accommodations for Railay:
- Dream Hotel: The Rayavadee Hotel – great 5-star hotel beautifully secluded right on the sea. A place of rest and tranquillity! The perfect place to stay for honeymoon and couples!
- Top Hotel: The Sunrise Tropical Resort – beautiful bungalows and small villas right on Railay East Beach.
- Cheap alternative: The Railay Hilltop is one of the cheapest accommodations on Railay Beach.
Tonsai Beach is a small paradise for backpackers and the best place to stay in Krabi for climbing. Here you will find many small hippie bars, simple bungalows and only one resort right on the beach. The whole ambience with the high limestone cliffs, the beautiful beach and the jungle hinterland is just heavenly. If you are looking for peaceful and relaxing stay far up from luxury, then you should consider a holiday at Tonsai. More about Tonsai Beach can be found here.
Here are the best accommodations on Tonsai:
- Best Hotel: Tonsai Bay Resort – The only hotel on the beach. Very popular for climbers!
- Budget Bungalows: The Chill Out Jungle Bungalows is a backpacker accommodation with a great location right in the jungle. The whole area is very quiet.
This stretch of beach, located near Klong Muang, is considered one of Krabi’s most hidden areas. In the distance you have a fantastic view over to the offshore islands like Koh Hong and Koh Yao Yaoi, Koh Yao Noi. From here you can enjoy fantastic sunsets and absolute peace. At Tubkaak there are only a few selected luxury hotels and visitors often enjoy the long stretches of beach almost all to themselves.
Here are the most beautiful hotels of Tubkaak:
- Luxury Hotel: The Phulay Bay A Ritz-Carlton Reserve is arguably one of Krabi’s finest luxury hotels. Absolutely recommended!
- Top Hotel: Amari Vogue is located on a private beach area on TubKaak Beach, with great views of the bay and outstanding breakfast.
Find the best Accommodation at Krabi:
More about Krabi: