Where to Stay in Koh Lanta: Best Hotels & Areas!
The Island Koh Lanta is certainly one of the most popular travel destinations in Thailand. In addition to the many magnificent beaches and the unique flair, a phenomenal selection of recommendable hotels and accommodations in Koh Lanta also attracts numerous visitors. Whether families with children, couples, individual travelers or backpackers, on this dream island everyone will find the perfect place to stay and enjoy an unforgettable vacation. Starting with cheap hostels, wild-romantic bungalows on the beach, small resorts with pool, to boutique hotels and luxury 5-star hotels, everything can be found on Koh Lanta. But where are the best places to stay on Koh Lanta, and where can you find the most recommended areas and accommodations, what are the best hotels with pool and the real insider tips?
This guide is all about where to stay in Koh Lanta. In addition, you will find many useful tips on areas and hotel recommendations, which will certainly help you with your travel planning.
Klong Khong Beach
The Klong Khong Beach is a gorgeous, 3-kilometer-long sandy beach in the center of the island and moreover a stunning place for where to stay in Koh Lanta. In this area, you will encounter a really brilliant vacation atmosphere because of the small quaint beach bars and the pretty restaurants right by the sea. It is rather quiet in this resort, the beach is never crowded, and the atmosphere is always relaxed. In addition, thanks to its good location, you can quickly reach the north as well as the south of the island by scooter. Perfect if you plan excursions and island exploration tours to the most beautiful attractions on your own.
At Klong Khong Beach you will find accommodation in every price range, from budget to luxury. For backpackers and long-term travelers there are inexpensive resorts, and even sophisticated vacationers will find recommendable hotels on the beach.
Hotel Tips for Klong Khong Beach, Koh Lanta:
- Reasonable Resort: The Popular Lanta Resort offers rooms at a reasonable price. The pool and beach are only 2 minutes away and the owner Markus’ insider tips are also top-notch.
- Cheap Accommodation: The LANTA LUCKY HOUSE convinces with a cheap price, with clean simple rooms and with a central location. A great tip for backpackers!
- Bungalow by the Sea: Especially recommended for couples is The Lazy Lodge located directly on the beach and with great attention to detail. Also the breakfast is excellent.
The Long Beach is one of the most popular areas for a stay on Koh Lanta. Therefore, at this place, you can expect the biggest choice of accommodations on the island! No matter if you are a backpacker, a family or an individual traveler, on this long beach everyone will find a perfect and also cheap accommodation. This area is very suitable for swimmers and is also ideal for families with children. In addition, there is a lovely selection of bars and restaurants along the beach, and also on the main street, countless restaurants as well as shops can be found.
Although this resort is the busiest, this is hardly noticeable due to the 5 kilometers of beach. Visitors spread along various sections and in the small beach bars.
Hotel Tips for Long Beach, Koh Lanta:
- Resort with Garden: The hip Fill – Feel @ Long Beach Resort is a real insider tip! The facilities are top and via a small footpath you can get to the beach directly.
- Backpacker Hostel: Backpackers love the Hub of Joys Hostel at Long Beach. There are free snacks, the breakfast is great and drinks are also available at fair prices.
- Quiet Resort: The Sun Long Beach Resort enchants with brand-new bungalows in a very nice, quiet location. The balcony with hammock is just cozy and makes you want to relax.
The village Baan Saladan is the capital of the island on the northern tip. If you travel from Krabi or Phuket, you will arrive directly at the ferry port. For most vacationers it then goes further south, but some also stay in the city. Especially backpackers like to stay here because in Baan Saladan there are cheap hostels and budget accommodations, and it is also not far to Klong Dao Beach. In addition, you will enjoy a lively nightlife, the place attracts with really cool fish restaurants and bars, which are located directly at the harbor. Also, lovely markets and shopping opportunities are available in this area.
Of course, Baan Saladan is not a typical vacation resort, but for dropouts, backpackers and long-term tourists an optimal place to stay in Koh Lanta. With a scooter, you can also get to beautiful beaches in no time and thus explore the island on your own.
Hotel Tips for Baan Saladan, Koh Lanta:
- Backpacker Hostel: The Boho Hostel is a nice, cozy and clean hostel in Baan Saladan. Fantastic is also the location directly by the sea, and it scores with a wonderful lounge.
- Cheap Hotel: The I-Style Lanta Boutique House is a cheap, small family-run hotel with super value for money. The town and beach are just a few minutes away by scooter.
- Cottage by the Sea: The DEEPSPACE Villa X1 is a real insider tip! In this unique accommodation, you enjoy a great sea view and in a few minutes only you are in the city.
Klong Nin Beach
A beautiful place for an enjoyable stay on Koh Lanta is Klong Nin Beach, a sandy beach, about 2.5 kilometers long, in the center of the island. On this beach, you can jog along the coast, go on long morning walks but also just swim and relax. That is due to the fact that this beautiful resort is really quiet and not crowded, without missing out on the advantage of comfortably going out in the evening. Especially nice are the many colorful bars and restaurants, which fill up in the late afternoon and conjure up wonderful vacation flair. Towards evening, tables are set up along the beach and food is served during sunset.
Thanks to its central location, Klong Nin Beach is the perfect starting point to explore the island. The accommodations there are mostly hotels and resorts in the budget to mid-range price range.
Hotel Tips for Klong Nin Beach, Koh Lanta:
- Beachfront Bungalow: The Andalay Boutique Resort delights with beautiful oceanfront bungalows, an infinity pool and a good location near restaurants and bars.
- Inexpensive Hotel: The Lanta Intanin Resort is an inexpensive accommodation in 2nd beach location. The price is great, the rooms are clean and also the garden is lovely.
- Dream Hotel: The Nirvana Beach Resort is a dream hotel in the south of Klong Nin. Guests love the chic facilities, the quiet location and the delicious breakfast!
A real insider tip on Koh Lanta is the beautiful Relax Beach. This is a small bay, a little south of Long Beach, which captivates with wonderful seclusion and privacy. In the small resort, there are only a handful of accommodations and hotels, which all enchant you with the best location by the sea. A few of the places to stay are definitely among the best hotels on Koh Lanta! Really unique are also the small hippie bars and the many palm trees, which provide a very extraordinary flair. With a cocktail in your hand, you can enjoy the most beautiful sunsets.
Along the main street there are also some really lovely restaurants, and supermarkets are also within walking distance. Due to its hidden location, Relax Beach is still a secret spot, especially recommended if you want to experience a quiet beach vacation.
Hotel Tips for Relax Beach, Koh Lanta:
- Hotel with Infinity Pool: The Lanta Casa Blanca is for sure one of the best places to stay in Koh Lanta. It’s a charming bungalow complex with a nice pool and bungalows on the beach!
- Bungalows by the Sea: The Lazy Days Bungalows are located on the beach and offer stylish bungalows with beautiful furnishings. The food in the restaurant is also delicious.
- Cheap Bungalows: The Lanta Happy Hill is especially popular with backpackers. It offers clean bungalows at a reasonable price, just 10 minutes from the beach!
Another great destination for a vacation is the beautiful Kantiang Bay in Koh Lanta. This breathtaking bay is located in the southern part of the island and impresses with dreamlike beach scenery and with wonderful seclusion. Although it is really quiet here, you will also find stores, excursion agencies, pubs and some charming accommodations that make a vacation on the island perfect. These include small resorts on the beach, boutique hotels and also backpacker hostels.
Kantiang Bay is popular especially with couples, but also with everyone who is looking for peace and relaxation on one of the most stunning beaches in Thailand. One of the best 5-star hotels in Koh Lanta is also located on this dream beach, perfect for those who are planning an exceptional romantic vacation.
Hotel Tips for Kantiang Bay, Koh Lanta:
- Resort with Infinity Pool: The Alama Sea Village Resort is a wonderful hotel at Kantiang Bay. Here you can enjoy beautiful rooms, a terrific pool and a breathtaking view of the sea.
- Luxury Hotel: For a special stay, Pimalai Resort & Spa is the place to be on Koh Lanta! This 5-star hotel is a real dream hotel and offers pure luxury in the best romantic location.
- Backpacker Hostel: The Aha Lanta Cozy Hostel is a recommended hostel for backpackers. Not far from the beach, it also convinces with clean dorms and great atmosphere!
Koh Lanta Old Town
One thing in advance, Koh Lanta Old Town is located on the east coast and, thus, away from the typical resorts of the island. Picturesque wooden houses by the sea, amazing fish restaurants and nice cafés invite to linger in town. In addition, you will find beautiful nature and mangrove forests in the surrounding area. Especially individual travelers love this tranquil, quaint village off the beaten track. Tourists who are looking for something special and appreciate the cozy ambience of this old town stay here overnight. The beaches on the other side of the island are about 20 minutes away, which, for most visitors, is manageable by car or scooter.
Nowadays, many hip restaurants and stores as well as really great accommodations and hotels have settled down in Koh Lanta Old Town. Most of the places to stay are family-run businesses and small resorts.
Hotel Tips for Koh Lanta Old Town:
- Hostel in a cool location: The Sweet Life Community Guesthouse is one of the best hostels on Koh Lanta. Backpackers love the cozy vibe, clean dorms and the delicious coffee.
- Bungalows in the mangroves: The Deep House Sea View is a real insider tip. Here you live on stilts in the middle of mangroves by the sea and can enjoy unique sunrises.
- Hotel with Pool: The Redrock Lanta Beach Resort & Villas is a brand new, small hotel just outside of town. Here you can expect a phenomenal setting in the midst of nature.
Find the best acoommodation in Koh Lanta:
More about Thailand:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning that if you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.