Makarska Hotels: Where to Stay in Makarska?
Makarska is one of the most popular destinations in Croatia and the choice of good hotels as well as other accommodation is huge. Because along a length of 45 kilometers phenomenal dream beaches await you along the Riviera, which together with the imposing Biokovo Mountains in the background inspire visitors from all over the world. With almost 15 small and larger resorts along the Riviera, however, you are spoilt for choice of amazing places to stay in Makarska. In addition, there is a really large selection of recommended places to stay. Whether you are a family with children, a couple, an individual traveler or a camper, on the Makarska Riviera everyone will find the perfect accommodation for a vacation by the sea.
If you are not sure jet where to stay in Makarska, we have summarized the most beautiful resorts of the Riviera. In addition, you will find useful hotel recommendations and tips for accommodation, which will certainly help you in your travel planning.
The town of Makarska, with 13,000 inhabitants, is the largest, and at the same time a very popular vacation resort on the Makarska Riviera. Especially impressive is the picturesque waterfront promenade, the so-called Riva, which runs along the coast and delights with magnificent viewpoints. Together with the old town of Makarska, it forms the lively center, where you can also find countless accommodation options, beautiful hotels, good restaurants and cozy cafes. Those who like to go out in the evening and appreciate a lively nightlife are also in the right place in Makarska Town.
A highlight are also the fabulous beaches, which are located around the coastal town and make a beach vacation perfect. The main beach, also known as Gradska Plaza, is located in the bay Donja Luka, only 10 minutes’ walk from the old town. It also provides a wide range of tourist activities such as jet ski, pedal boat, bouncy castle, children’s playgrounds and much more.
Accommodation & Hotel Tips for Makarska:
- Hotel by the Sea: The beautiful Hotel Park Makarska is a popular 4-star hotel and delights with both seasonal bargains and a prime beach location right on the promenade.
- Aparthotel on the Beach: The Hotel Central Beach 9 is the address for a beach vacation in Makarska. The apartments are clean and new, and a delicious breakfast can also be booked.
- Apartments: The Apartments Morpheus convince with perfectly equipped, new apartments in excellent location near the sea and the center. Parking facilities are available!
Pretty Basko Voda is a real gem on the Makarska Riviera. About 10 kilometers from Makarska city, this little town of 2,700 inhabitants is one of the most popular seaside resorts along the coast. Accordingly, you will also find a wide selection of good accommodations and hotels. The highlight here is certainly the beautiful beaches, which are ideal for sunbathing, relaxing and swimming. Several long bays are located to the left and right of the center and can be easily reached via the promenade. In particular, the white pebbles and the turquoise blue sea colors conjure up a quite extraordinarily beautiful backdrop. Some of these dream beaches even bear the Blue Flag, the seal of quality for top water quality and for the best beach facilities.
But the small center of Baska Voda is also charming, beautifully situated directly on the sea with a view of the harbor. Restaurants, cozy cafes, beach bars and shopping – here you will find everything you need for your vacation. In addition, the small marina, where pretty boats anchor, together with the dreamy waterfront promenade conjures up a unique ambience.
Accommodation & Hotel Tips for Baska Voda, Makarska:
- Hotel by the Sea: Recommended for a vacation in Baska Voda is the beautiful Grand Hotel Slavia in a fabulous location directly by the sea and the promenade!
- Apartment: In the new Magic Stone Apartments guests stay directly in the center and are only a few steps away from the beach and restaurants.
- Apartments with Pool: A real insider tip are the Fontevita Apartments. The location is perfect, you have a very nice sea view and in 3 minutes you are at the beach. Also a pool invites to splash around!
The small town of Brela is one of the best places to stay in Makarska and has really nice hotels as well as recommendable privately run apartments. During a vacation you will experience a breathtakingly beautiful panorama with numerous small bays, turquoise sea and the majestic mountains in the background. Hardly anywhere else can you find a greater density of dream beaches, which are all lined up along a coastal strip of about 6 kilometers. The beaches in Brela are among the most beautiful in Makarska, first of all the Punta Rata beach, which has been chosen several times among the TOP beaches worldwide.
Unique is also the promenade of Brela, a beautiful footpath lined with pine trees, which delights with countless magnificent viewpoints along the coast. Along the way there are always small romantic konobas, which spoil their visitors with amazing sea views and delicious Croatian cuisine. The small center of Brela, with its pretty harbor and fabulous restaurants, can also be reached via the waterfront promenade.
Accommodation & Hotel Tips for Brela, Makarska:
- Hotel with Infinity Pool: Really recommend is the Bluesun Hotel Berulia, a gorgeous 5-star hotel with a beautiful infinity pool.
- Apartment: Wonderful for a vacation is Casa Mare Brela, which enchants with modern apartments in the first row of the beach.
- Apartments: The Villa Lenka and Mate Ivanac is a real insider tip for Brela. From the new apartments you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the sea and still be on the beach in 3 minutes.
Especially popular in Makarska is the picturesque seaside resort Tucepi. It is one of the most famous places to stay in Makarska and especially in summer it inspires sun-hungry beach holidaymakers. With a length of 4 kilometers Tucepi has the longest beach section of the entire Riviera. This beautiful long bay therefore offers enough space for sunbathing and relaxing.
But also in the surrounding area there are many small bays and wonderful nature spots to discover! An absolute highlight is the nature park Osejava in the west of Tucepi, where a wonderful area for hiking along the coast awaits you and where the beach Nugal, one of the most beautiful beaches of the Makarska Riviera is located.
Accommodation & Hotel Tips for Tucepi, Makarska:
- Amazing Hotel: The 5-star Tui Blue Jadran Hotel in Tucepi is one of the best hotels on the Riviera and a great recommendation for a very special vacation in Croatia!
- Apartment: The Central Beach Apartments offer really nice apartments in the best location, directly on the beach and with sea view.
- All-Inclusive Hotel: The Bluesun Hotel Neptun, is a solid 3-star hotel with all-inclusive offer, pool and perfect location. A good value hotel for a nice beach vacation.
Podgora is another highlight among the most beautiful places on the Makarska Riviera. Unique is the palm-lined promenade that runs behind the main beach Plaza Podgora and connects the center with the idyllic harbor. Along the promenade you can always find good cafes and restaurants, which invite to enjoy the beautiful sea view. But also the beaches of Podgora are a must-visit. On a coastline of about 5 kilometers you can find really amazing bays, which are ideal for a bathing vacation.
The landmark of Podgora, the monument Galebova Krila, is enthroned on the hill above the town, and in the hinterland the mighty Biokovo mountains rise, which give the landscape a special charm. A terrific offer of various accommodations and hotels, which are located close to the beach, make Podgora especially popular as a vacation destination in Makarska.
Accommodation & Hotel Tips for Podgora, Makarska:
- Hotel with Pool: The Medora Auri Family Beach Resort is a popular hotel in Podgora. What’s great here is the location by the sea and the inviting pool!
- Mobile Homes: In Medora Orbis there are great luxurious mobile homes with private pool in the best location!
- Apartments: We recommend the Apartments Waterfront Ivan, that are located by the sea and from which you can enjoy a spectacular view.
The coastal town of Igrane is another jewel of Makarska. With only 400 inhabitants, it is one of the smallest resorts on the Riviera. Built on a hillside and with the imposing bell tower as an eye-catcher, the town inspires with a unique panorama. In the small tourist center, it is still really contemplative, nevertheless, you will find good gastronomic establishments, some private apartments, a fantastic hotel and nice cafes as well as shopping facilities.
Also the bright pebble beach inspires with incredibly beautiful sea colors and a very special atmosphere. With a length of about 1.5 kilometers, this dream beach offers enough space for everyone. Especially families appreciate this quiet place on the Riviera and like to come back again and again.
Accommodation & Hotel Tips for Igrane, Makarska:
- Hotel with Pool: The TUI BLUE Adriatic Beach inspires its guests with amazing pool facilities, delicious food and a beautiful beach.
- Apartment: The Apartments Vedrana offer beautiful, lovingly furnished apartments with a view of the sea.
- Top Apartment: The Igrane Getaway is a really cool apartment, modernly furnished and with a magnificent view over the coast.
Find the best accommodation in Makarska:
More about Croatia:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning that if you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.