Croatia Packing List: What to pack for Croatia?
Are you looking for the perfect packing list for Croatia? You’re planning a vacation and don’t exactly know what to pack for Croatia? After all, you don’t want to forget anything important and as a result worry about annoying errands in the vacation destination. Don’t worry; we have compiled a useful and compact Croatia packing list for you. Whether it’s a summer vacation, beach vacation or road trip to explore the most amazing things to do in Croatia, you’ll find the most important things for each of these types of vacations summarized at a glance. In that way you can start into your well-deserved holiday well prepared and can enjoy your trip to Croatia to the fullest!
In this article we present a comprehensive packing list for Croatia. Our tips deliberately avoid too much baggage & unnecessary things. Our suggestions prepare you to only pack the most important things for your vacation in Croatia.
Suggestion for an optimal Croatia packing list
Whether it’s Istria, Kvarner Bay, Dalmatia or Makarska – the destination Croatia fascinates, enchants and inspires. Every year, countless visitors are drawn to the south to experience the amazing beaches in Croatia, gorgeous islands and picturesque coastal cities like Dubrovnik, Split and Rovinj. As soon as the first vacation plans are made, the next question comes up: What do I have to pack for Croatia? It’s best to start well prepared into the most beautiful weeks of the year.
No matter how long you stay, whether it’s one week, 14 days or even three weeks – the packing process for a visit to Croatia is always the same. We hope our packing list for Croatia will help you plan the trip! Here are the most important things that you should not forget.
At the top of a packing list for Croatia is, if not already available, a good travel suitcase. If you don’t have it at home yet, you should get it in time. If you want to travel by plane, a hard shell suitcase is recommended! If you need to walk longer distances, then a travel bag with wheels is definitely not a bad choice.
- Passport or identity card
- Driver’s license and green card (it is the internationally recognized proof that a car is properly insured)
- Travel wallet or passport cover to protect your documents from dirt and moisture
- EC card
- Credit card
- Travel insurance with policy, including emergency number
- Booking confirmation with address and telephone number
- Tickets, such as the flight ticket, booked excursions and pre-booked admissions
High up on any packing list for Croatia are the most important documents that you should always carry with you on a vacation. You should always make a copy of the most important papers, such as your passport, just in case. Some cash can be changed in the home country and we recommend taking about 200 euros in cash with you.
A good document storage bag helps to keep track of everything. Furthermore, credit card and bank card should be kept in two different places. In case your handbag or something gets stolen, you still have one card left. The same applies to cash, of course.
Most important travel items for Croatia
- Bathing Shoes: These so-called swimming shoes are a must on every packing list for Croatia! They protect you from rugged rocks and sea urchins, which are relatively common in Croatia.
- Travel Pillow – a neck pillow is a useful companion, especially for long car trips and air travel. Optimal if you want to arrive in Croatia well-rested.
- Beach Towel – preferably several
- Snorkel Set
- Travel Towel – they are drying quickly and ultra-light, and of course perfect to save space in your suitcase!
- Daypack – useful as hand luggage but also for excursions, hikes and tours.
- Travel Hair Dryer – not every accommodation provides a hair dryer. A travel hair dryer is light and compact and fits into any luggage.
- Packing Cubes – packing bags are brilliant if you want to keep your suitcase tidy during your trip and also want your clothes to arrive wrinkle-free in Croatia.
- Dry Bag – A waterproof backpack is a really useful travel accessories to protect your valuables and electronic devices from getting wet. Especially if you’re planning boat trips, kayak tours, SUP and snorkeling trips, a good dry bag is one of the most important things on any Croatia packing list!
Clothing for Croatia
- Solid shoes
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Long pants and sweaters for evenings
- Light jacket
- Swimming trunks or bikini
The right clothing should also be well considered in Croatia. If you are planning to do a lot, whether sports or sightseeing, you will probably have to pack a little more. Keep in mind that there can be bad weather (bora, jugo, bura) and you will need warmer clothes. In addition, it can be a bit chilly in the evenings if it’s not the main season. A light jacket is certainly not the worst choice.
Cosmetics and Medicine
- Cosmetic items, such as tissues, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, razor, tampons, etc.….
- Personal medication prescribed by your doctor.
- Disinfectant spray
- Shower gel
- Painkillers if you get a headache
For cosmetics and medicine, you should compile your own packing list individually. We recommend to buy all necessary things in advance, because most branded care products are a bit more expensive in Croatia than at home.
Camera Equipment and Technical devices
- Laptop Bag
- Camera – with all the dreamy travel scenes Croatia has to offer, you definitely shouldn’t forget your camera.
- Action cam – for cool videos during water sports, snorkeling tours, sailing trips, canyoning, rafting and much more!
- Chargers for cell phone, laptop and camera
- External Hard Drive – Important to secure your photos.
- Memory cards
When it comes to camera equipment, you should pay attention to the weight. In addition to a good camera, a lightweight travel tripod is also useful for amateur photographers. Of course, it’s your own choice how extensive the luggage should be here and how much you want to take to Croatia. For some, a cell phone with good photo resolution is enough, while others place more value on travel photography.
More about Croatia:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning that if you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.