Bang Niang Beach in Khao Lak
The Bang Niang Beach is a 2 kilometer long sandy beach located in the center of the holiday region Khao Lak. Soft sand, blue sea and lots of relaxation: Many tourists appreciate this amazing beach on Khao Lak. If you are looking for a quiet beach, but do not want to miss good hotels, restaurants and bars, then the Bang Niang beach will be certainly a good choice. In addition, Bang Niang is an ideal starting point for excursions in the jungle, for snorkeling tours and exploring other beautiful beaches.
In this blog post, we have summarized all the important information and tips about the Bang Niang Beach. We also share our experiences and show you why a holiday in Khao Lak really pays off.
Bang Niang Beach
If you are looking for a tranquil beach for your holiday in Khao Lak, then the Bang Niang Beach can be the right choice for you. Surrounded by the Anderman Sea, this fine red-yellow sandy beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the region. The approximately 2-kilometer stretch of beach is not deserted, but it is always quiet and never crowded. So everyone here is guaranteed a quiet spot under the sun. You can also swim here very well, however, for snorkeling, you should book a trip to visit the offshore island world. Along the beach you will also find several massage options overlooking the sea. Also, there are some restaurants and beach bars, where you can enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with a cool drink.
Also the sunsets at Bang Niang Beach are legendary. Every evening, you will have the chance to see a new colorful spectacle. The picture below was taken from the infinity pool at La Vela Khao Lak, but we’ll show you more about this dream hotel later.
The Bang Niang Beach is, as already mentioned, in the center of the popular holiday destination Khao Lak and is therefore the ideal spot for exploring the region. Here are the best tours:
- On a tour by scooter, you can wonderfully discover the most beautiful beaches of Khao Lak.
- If you like, you can take a trip to the Khao Sok National Park and take a boat trip on the famous Cheow Lan Lake, a natural highlight of the region.
- Snorkeling is just amazing on a trip to the Similan Islands or the Surin Islands. Absolutely recommended.
More information about the holiday region Khao Lak, the most beautiful sights and excursions can be found in our Khao Lak travel guide. If you are looking for unforgetable tours, then we can recommend to check out: Best Day Trips from Khao Lak.
Bang Niang road
The center of Bang Niang offers a good tourist infrastructure. Here you will find ATMs, money exchange, travel agencies and scooter rentals. If you fancy eating out, Bang Niang has a fine selection of restaurants, bars, and dining options. You will find both, cheap local restaurants, as well as international cuisine with pizza, burgers and more. Most restaurants are located along the road that leads to Bang Niang Beach. We loved the food at the restaurant Na Suang. They serve yummy local Thai dishes and also the fish is excellent. Also the Amici Italian Bistro is amazing; it’s one of the best pizza places in Khao Lak, perfect if you are looking for a change to the Thai cuisine.
At Bang Niang Beach there is no freaky nightlife, but still you will have some very good restaurants, cool bars with happy hour specials and lots of shopping.
Tip: If you spend your holidays in Khao Lak, then we recommend a visit to the Bang Niang market. This takes place 3 times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 16:00 to 21:00.
Hotels on Bang Niang Beach
Due to the many offers of great hotels, the beach is also a popular destination for individual travelers and holidaymakers. In general you will find in Khao Lak a wide range of holiday hotels, mostly with pool in the upper price range. Especially in the low season you get in Khao Lak really cheap hotel deals! Here are our 3 hotel recommendations for a perfect stay at the Bang Niang Beach:
- The Waters Khao Lak Katathani: The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani is a really nice hotel, about 350 meters from the beach. Especially delicious is the breakfast, and guests are thrilled with the great pool area. The hotel area is very spacious and therefore never crowded.
- Casa De La Flora: The Casa De La Flora offers comfort and pure luxury. Ideal for a relaxing break at Bang Niang Beach. The beachfront villas with pool offer intimate space and the view from the huge double bed to the sea is just fantastic.
- La Vela Khao Lak: The La Vela Khao Lak is another great hotel tip for Khao Lak. We really loved the huge pool area and the fantastic location right on the beach. A real top hotel in Khao Lak, which often has very cheap deals.
More about Khao Lak:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning that if you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.